Saturday, April 7, 2012

Growing Up

Wow!  7 Months already.  It feels like just yesterday I was bringing home this little Miss from the hospital.  I have a feeling I am going to be thinking that from here on out. 

Hannah continues to get more and more fun by the day!  She is full of laughs, jabbers on and on (especially to her Daddy), wishes that she could get her hands on everything, and is incredibly close to crawling.  Although she thinks she's ready for the last one, I'm not entirely sure if I am ready.  

Daddy has some fun nicknames for you, Little One.  He often calls you Squirms and Squeals.  We watch Daddy leave in his "red car" every day for work.  We wave out the window and you are starting to get the hang of it! 

Another fun thing is that she is beginning to recognize a lot more people.  College girls will come over to the house and she'll immediately break into a huge smile!  And, is that not the best smile ever!!

Belly Laugh!
Hannah continues to enjoy jumping, playing on Mommy's computer, reaching and grabbing for EVERYTHING, and being outside (a girl after her daddy's heart).  I am amazed at how quickly she gains new skills- it's almost as if everyday she's learning something new and doing something different. 

Little girl, you are growing up way too fast.  
Pondering...
Hannah used to be an INCREDIBLE sleeper.  She slept through the night at a really early age- so early, in fact, the doctor told me that I needed to start waking her up to feed her.  However, the incredible sleeping habits disappeared around Thanksgiving/Christmas time.  We were doing a lot of traveling for the holidays and for our job, so we were always on the go and a lot of the time sleeping in one room.  Since Bob often had to be up early to prep workshops, I would feed Hannah just to get her to go back to sleep easily.  Oops. I created my own monster.

Last month, the doctor told us not to continue feeding her much longer in the night.  I knew that she didn't need to eat, she wasn't hungry, but it was just faster to get her to go back to sleep than anything else.  I could be in-and-out in under 20 minutes.  Boom.

Thus begun the adventure of helping your little one sleep through the night again.  The books said, "Just let them cry it out one night and they'll get the hang out it."  (Do you ever wonder if these authors are parents?? I mean really...they must have perfect babies.)  After lots of screaming for lots of times, I would normally give in and feed her after an hour and a half of blood-curdling screaming.  And of course, call my MOM the next day and ask her what to do next.

BUT... Hannah was just waiting for the perfect time.  On her 7 month birthday, she slept through the night.  Hallelujah!!  And last night as well.  I'm hoping we'll keep up this pattern.

Even with all of the craziness, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Never.  Ever.  

Happy 7 month Birthday, Sweet Pea!
See, Momma?  I want to crawl so bad!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for two nights in a row! I hope she's continued that trend since you posted.

    ReplyDelete