Thursday, May 31, 2012

Family

Bob and I have incredible families- and we feel SO blessed!  We headed to KC for a few days to spend some time with lots of people we love before we head out for India.  Oh! And did I mention that our parents live 5 minutes apart from each other??  Yep.  5 minutes.

We spent Memorial Day with my family and had an absolute blast! The boys (i.e. the husbands/fiances who are all older than 25) fished, played in the creek, grilled and ate.  The ladies- my mom, sister, grandma, me, and Hannah girl- spent time on the deck, talked, and prepared dinner. I've always loved spending time with my family, but it is even more fun as we all grow up.  We missed Rebecca and Lara!  Can't wait to see you both in August!

Unfortunately, NO ONE took any pictures! Boo. So, because blogs are always better with pictures, I borrowed one of my sister's fiance off her Facebook.  You are welcome in advance, Jason.

My sister's mister, Jason...in all his fishin' glory at my parent's house


The next day we spent with Bob's family.  They treated us to the new aquarium in KC, SeaLife Adventure. It was so fun! I wasn't sure how Hannah was going to respond because she is still pretty little, but she LOVED it!  She was mesmerized by all the fish, lights, colors, movement...  Here's a few pictures from our day.  






Hannah and I at the touch pool.  For those of you who know me, you should be SHOCKED that I put my hands in.  I even picked up a starfish.  I was proud of myself.  Maybe being a mom makes you more brave?(Don't worry, I quickly sanitized my hands afterwords.)  

Bob &  Hannah in a "bubble" that puts you inside the aquarium


Looking at the fishies





The last aquarium of SeaLife had 2 GIANT eels (think Little Mermaid) and lots of sting rays.  This picture makes it look like Hannah is IN the tank, but I promise, she's not.  But, I think the sting rays must have liked her because they kept coming right up to where she was at.  Possible?  I really have no idea. 

Like all good grandbabies, Hannah was able to convince her Grandma H that she needed this puppy at the SeaLife gift shop.  She is crazy about it.  We were wheeling around the store looking at everything and all of a sudden Hannah barked.  Seriously, she barked.  At the puppy.  I gave it to her to look at and she squeezed it and "kissed" it and thus, Grandma's heart was melted and Hannah got the puppy.  Crazy as that sounds, she still loves the puppy.  It has been coming with her everywhere.                                                 

Hannah and Puppy


So, after two long days with the grandparents, we were exhausted.  



Back at home now, packing, cleaning, and preparing to head out for India.  I'm pretty sure I go to Wal-Mart about every other day to pick up something I forgot.  Ha!

Only 5 days left in America!

1 comment:

  1. That aquarium looks awesome! We'll have to take Landon there. And I love the puppy story - all it takes is a kiss to melt Grandma's heart and bring out her checkbook =)

    ReplyDelete