Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pittsburgh Trip

Hannah and I just returned from visiting my sister, Lara, and her new baby girl, Arya.  We had so much fun and it was great to get a trial run on a plane before our 18-hour jaunt across the pond to India. :)

Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll tell our story in pictures.

Day 1: Our adventure begins!  Bob drove Hannah and I to the airport in the morning and we were off!  Next time I fly, someone remind me to pay the extra and do a direct flight. :)  2 flights plus a layover with a 8 month old?  What was I thinking?  But for the record, Hannah did AWESOME.  
On the Plane!
Playing on the oh so clean dirty airport floor
Day 2:  We spent the morning relaxing and then it was off to our friend Marci's house! Marci has a little boy (Caleb) a few weeks older than Hannah and they had fun playing together.  (More like Hannah played with all of Caleb's toys while Caleb watching in awe at how crazy full of energy she was.)  We did some shopping and then headed back to Lara's, not without stopping at Sonic though!

Am I too big for Arya's swing? :)
Day 3:  Lazy Day at home so the new momma and baby could get some much needed rest.  We had fun playing though!

Day 4:  Park day!  Lara and Josh took us to an AMAZING park that had tons of playgrounds, fields, walking trails, and even horses!  Hannah and I had a blast!  After that, we headed to church for their Mother's Day service.  Oh!  And we had Chic-Fil-A too.  Yum! :)

Me and My Girl- Love it! 


Is this swing too big for me? Ha!



Lara and Arya
Sisters and our Babies!

Day 5:  Hannah and I arrived back home- on Mother's Day!  Bob (and Hannah) surprised me with 2 cards, flowers, 2 new ceiling fans, and my favorite...no cooking for the night! ;)  However, it was back to real life ... and laundry.  While I folded laundry, Hannah watched Baby Einstein on her own personal TV, a.k.a. my iPhone.  Ha!
Relaxing at Home while I do laundry

 Overall, we had an INCREDIBLE trip and we're so thankful we could meet little Arya!




1 comment:

  1. Glad the trip went well and that you could get a precursor to the India flight! Looks like Hannah love Arya!

    ReplyDelete