Saturday, June 23, 2012

Father's Day

Hannah and I are lucky gals!  We have the best man in our life to celebrate! :)

Family in a Rickshaw
We joined the fun on Saturday night and tagged along for the group date.  I was so excited about spending time with our students that I didn't really think about the fact that Hannah goes to bed at 8.  Oops.  So, here is what our evening looked like- ride in rickshaw to "Eat Street," meet up with the students, order Pizza Hut at the food court- chicken tikka pizza, anyone?, Hannah gets her picture taken at least 3 times (by other people), eat pizza really fast, climb back into the rickshaw and head home.  Oh, and Hannah basically ate at least half of my ice cream cone on the drive home.  Even though it was short-lived, we had a great time!

Father's Day at Mozzarella
On Sunday, Bob, Hannah and I went to Mozzarella- a fancy restaurant just down the street from our flat.  We had SO much fun!  Since Indians generally eat later, we were some of the only people there for a while. 
We weren't really sure what to order, so we decided on the buffet (pronounce the "t", that's how they say it here.)  The buffet itself was huge, but they also brought out 3 veg and 3 non-veg appetizers to you- as much as you wanted!  Whoa.  Not to mention one veg pizza and one non-veg pizza!  That's basically a whole meal before you even started at the buffet! 
Here's the dessert portion of the buffet.  I love that it says "Sunday Brunch" on the cake.  Ha!



Remember how I said Hannah is a CELEBRITY here?  Well, immediately after sitting down at our table, a waiter comes over and is talking to Hannah.  This is normal, so I think nothing about it.  Then, he proceeds TO TAKE HER OUT OF THE HIGHCHAIR AND CARRY HER OFF.  On the outside, I'm like, "No big deal....haha, so funny!"  On the inside, I'm thinking, "WHAT???  Bring back my daughter!"  Thankfully, Bob read exactly how I was feeling and kindly got up and followed the waiter.  And of course, he wasn't doing anything crazy.  He was just showing her off and showing her the restaurant.  :)  A little bit later, the bartender brought Hannah over a special drink.  No kidding.  (Don't worry, I tasted it first.  Just mango juice.)  And Hannah downed it.  

Not the most flattering picture, but it was the only one that showed the mango juice. :)


P.S.  Notice that Bob isn't sporting his glasses in any of the recent pictures??  They were lost in a rainy day/rickshaw splash/going-through-mall-security-adventure.  He's got new ones coming. :)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when you said the waiter took her out of the high chair to walk her around. I don't think I ever got used to people thinking it was ok to just grab Landon & go show him off. That cake looks awesome - oh the funny things in India. Glad you had a good Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete