Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Journey Part 2

Hallelujah.  We made it to Dubai!  It was absolutely incredible to step off a plane that you had been on for over 15 hours.  We had a short lay-over in Dubai, about 5 hours, and prior to leaving for our first flight, our team had debated whether or not we should try to leave the airport and check out even a little bit of Dubai.  However, after landing, due to a slight miscommunication about our luggage, we ended up leaving security, heading to baggage claim to get our bags, finding out our luggage was shipped all the way to India, leaving the airport, going through security again, and finally heading back to the exact same place we started.  Moral of the story- I have been to Dubai.  I have the dust on my shoes and the stamp in my passport to prove it.  

After making it to our gate, Bob and I watched the luggage while our friends explored the Dubai airport and got some food.  It was evening in Dubai when we arrived, but I honestly had no idea what time it was, so I had a latte and some cinnamon roles.  Yum yum!

Hannah was in full-blown crazy mode due to lack of sleep, time zone changes, and genuinely having no idea where we were.  She is seriously a trooper.  Even at Dubai, she was all smiles, laughs and giggles.
Family Pic
Hanging with Taylor

Lots of this.... also occurred...


 I was SO pumped for our final flight.  ONE MORE!!  I had thought it was only 2 hours, but much to my surprise it was about 4.5.  Oh my.  Hannah basically went crazy on this flight.  But can you blame her?  When we got on the plane, the air was OFF.  (Remember we are in the middle of a desert, aka HOT).  Lots of people were staring at her (Ohh...white baby!).  And she was sooooo tired, but wouldn't sleep.

Thankfully, she FINALLY fell asleep and slept for about an hour and an half.  (Can I get an amen?)  Basically everyone on the plane was asleep except for me.  I was watching a Bollywood movie.  Ha!

Here's a picture right when we landed.  No words can describe how excited I was to be off a plane.

(p.s. the brown all over Hannah's front is what was left-over in my latte when she grabbed it from me.  Oops.)

Woohoo!!!! We have arrived!
Brad, Bob, and Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment