Thursday, September 27, 2012

Time to Party!

This little girl was lucky enough (or loved enough) to have not ONE, but TWO birthday parties!  What girl wouldn't want to be celebrate twice!

The first party was put on by her Grandma and Papa in Kansas City.  It was a few days before her birthday, but it allowed all of our family and friends in the area to come and celebrate Miss Hannah.  And let me tell you...this girl is S.P.O.I.L.E.D!  She got so many presents! My oh my.  I even packed some of them up and hid them so that I can take them out sporadically so that they seem new and fun.  (Pictures to come...)

Her second party was here at home in Manhattan.  Originally it was suppose to be outside, but it poured all morning and I waited and waited trying to make a decision about what I should do.  I finally decided to have it at our house instead...and then the sun came out in full force!  Of course.

Hannah was SOOO excited (or maybe unsure) what all the fuss was about.  But, once I let her snack on a few marshmallows, she was all ready for business.  
Cutest One Year Old EVER
This is one of Hannah's new favorite spots to climb up on.  She can get up here easily by herself and see all the traffic outside as well as our front door.  Perfect spot for waiting for all your 20-something friends.  :)


Hannah had LOTS of friends come to celebrate her!  Some even brought her presents!!  She was originally unsure about the whole tissue paper thing, but once she realized there was good stuff inside, she was more than happy to oblige.  And her friends sure do know her well!  Miss Brittany (who also went to India with us) got Hannah a new puppy and book.  Hands down her 2 favorite things in life.  (I'm sure that I'm up there somewhere with her favorites, but some days I think puppies have me beat! ha!)

Hannah and Miss Brittany
Some of our cheerleader friends came to see us and Hannah was just delighted!  Of course, they are indoctrinating her young to be a cheerleader- at K-State...of course!! Hannah even got a "Future KSU Cheerleader shirt."  Adorable!
Jessilyn, Laura, H, and Kelsey
And then there was cake.  You're going to look at the pictures and think, "Blue icing!  Blue icing!  Why would she choose blue icing???"  I know...rookie mistake.  There was blue icing everywhere.  Thankfully it was washable.  :)  (And her poop was blue for the next 2 days.....ha!)


And last but not least, we couldn't forget our favorite photographer, Misha!  Misha was so sweet to just grab my phone and start taking pictures.  I didn't even realize she had my phone until more than half-way through the afternoon.   I wouldn't have hardly any of these pictures without her! What a gem!

We love you, Misha!

1 comment:

  1. I just love that first picture of her. And Landon's one year cake also had some blue frosting on it, and we also experienced the blue poop. Why doesn't anyone tell first time moms about this?

    ReplyDelete