Thursday, September 6, 2012

ONE

Hannah Kate is one.  Holy Moly.  My little girl is a ONE YEAR OLD.

I didn't think it was even possible, but Hannah continues to get more and more fun.

I have truly loved every stage- newborn, scooting, crawling- but it seems like with every change I find myself saying that it has become my new favorite.  I hope this is how life with Hannah is forever.




At one year old, Hannah loves to...

  • Laugh- she is always giggling!  Sometimes she will just start laughing out of nowhere!
  • Read- I can't tell you how many times I've come in to check on her only to find her sitting quietly reading.  I hope she is always a reader.
  • Bark- I have no idea where she picked this up from.  We don't have a dog, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.  But Hannah loves to bark.  At all animals.  She hasn't quite figured out how to differentiate between animals, so they all make a barking sound in her book.  Too cute!  There have been many times I'm in the dorms meeting girls and Hannah starts barking because they have a stuffed dog, or panda, or monkey.  Ha!
  • Explore-  I'm pretty sure that learning to crawl on marble floors in India turned Hannah into a super fast crawler once we returned home to carpet.  I'm telling you- this girl can move!  She is always finding new cabinets or doors that I need to childproof.  Recently, while in TriDelta, Hannah pulled a girl's entire jewelry organizer down by pulling on a necklace.  Whoopsie.
  • Eat- This girl loves her food.  And I am so thankful!  There hasn't really been anything she hasn't liked so far.  She's eating all "people" food now and is very ambitious with what she thinks she can eat.  The other day she ate a HUGE cookie while I had some cheerleaders over for ice cream ... one nibble at a time...  Favorite foods include: green beans, peas&carrots, cheese, chicken, turkey, mandarin oranges, and peaches.
  • Wave- Hannah waves at everybody.  I think that this might be due to the fact that the baby to college student ratio is HUGE  (thus Hannah's popularity) and she thinks that everyone is truly her friend.  
  • Dance- Hannah is a dancing machine!  If Bob comes home for dinner, we spend a little time afterwards reading the Bible, singing a song, and praying.  And because Bob is wrapped around Hannah's finger, he always encourages a family dance party following our family worship.  The mood goes from intentional to fun in seconds!  

Since, Hannah only continues to get more fun, here's a few memories I don't want to forget:
  • Hannah is a pro-baby pranker.  She is always pranking me.  Her favorites include starting the dishwasher, unrolling all the toilet paper on the roll, and emptying the fridge (mostly the ketchup, butterscotch syrup, and salad dressing).
  • Binkys.  Hannah thinks it is hilarious when you put her binky in your mouth.  She just cracks up!  And then immediately pulls it out and puts it back where it belongs.
  • She has a guilty conscience.  If Hannah ever has something in her mouth she knows she isn't suppose to have (door stop, piece from a book, bobby pin, etc.), once I catch her she immediately pulls it out, throws her hand in the air and hands it to me.  Like she just happened to discover it and wanted to give it to me before anything happened.  ;) It is so sweet.  
  • When Bob left for work today, Hannah was clinging to his shoulder.  Melt. my. heart. 


Hannah Kate, I cannot believe you are ONE.  Your Daddy and I thank God for you every day.  We pray that you come to know Jesus as your God and that you love and serve Him with all your heart soul, mind and strength.  You are a wonderful blessing in my life and your daddy's.  We cannot imagine life without you!



Happy Birthday, Sweet Pea!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she's one either! What a sweetie pie. And although I've seen her dance in person, still LOVED the video! Crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete